Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Starry Eyed Pendant Necklace: a MOPS craft tutorial

I just LOVE how these necklaces turned out <3 <3 <3



We always like to have a jewelry craft each MOPS year and these necklaces are perfect for the We are the Starry Eyed theme. On a scale of Lucille Ball to Martha Stewart, these are one of the easiest jewelry crafts I have ever done. Heck, it's one of my all time easiest crafts in general.

I will add a cost per person breakdown at the end of this tutorial.

P.S. It's no secret that blue is my favorite color, so all of my crafts tend to sway on the side of blue. Luckily blue is perfect for the Starry Eyed theme. However, these pendants would look great in any color. We plan on offering a variety of nail polish colors for the ladies to choose from. Anything that is shimmery will look fabulous :-)



I used a styrofoam tray to help keep mess at bay



It is important to only use a small amount of glue. Excess glue will spill over the edges creating a mess as well as an unsightly finish to your pendant.





See how to open a jump ring here
I did not use pliers to open my jump rings. They are a small gauge ring and could be easily opened with just your hands.















5 comments:

  1. Can you send a link for the necklaces that you used? I have not been able to find any at that price point. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are WONDERFUL!!! Thank you for the amazing idea. I know our mamas will love these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. could you give the details to the size and names of the items your ordered? especially the necklace and size of the tray? I too am spending too much time searching on ebay for what I think is what you used!

    ReplyDelete